Arancini are heavenly cheese-filled, fried risotto balls that are bound to impress your guests
Make This Recipe
For the risotto
1/2 a yellow onion (diced small)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
3/4 tsp pizza spice (oregano, basil, garlic powder)
1 cup arborio rice
2 cups vegetable broth - warmed (or any broth of choice)
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
salt & pepper
For the arancini
mozzarella cheese cubes
1/3 cup flour
2 Eggland's Best Large Eggs
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley
avocado oil (or oil of choice) for frying
marinara sauce for dipping
- Cook the risotto - On medium heat, add olive oil into a pan, then diced onion and minced garlic. Let cook until soft and fragrant (about 5 min). Stir in arborio rice and then add white wine. Stir until wine is absorbed.
- Stir in warm broth about 1/2 a cup at a time. Every time you add 1/2 a cup, stir it until mostly absorbed, then add more until it is all used.
- Stir in butter and parmesan cheese. Then allow cooked risotto to cook fully. I placed it covered in the fridge overnight, but you can spread it thinly on a baking sheet and pop it in the fridge for a faster cooling time.
- Set up breading station: crack and whisk eggs, season flour with salt and pepper, and season breadcrumbs (if they aren’t pre-seasoned). Then prepare cubes of mozzarella cheese.
- Form arancini balls: take a spoonful of risotto and form it around each individual mozzarella cube. Then bread it in flour, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Heat up avocado oil in pot (about 1 1/2 inch thick), add arancini and fry until golden on all sides.
- Hit fried arancini with some salt and parmesan, then serve with marinara sauce.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More