Count Dracula Cookies
Fun holiday treat for all ages.
Make This Recipe
2 ¼ cups all-purpose Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Shortening
1/2 cup Light Molasses
1 Eggland's Best egg, large
1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon ground Ginger
1 teaspoon ground Cloves
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Icing and Decorations of your choosing (optional)
1 pound powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except for icing and decorations).
- With a mixer at medium speed, beat the ingredients until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly flour work surface and rolling pin. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. With a gingerbread man cookie cutters, cut out shapes (get creative and use other Halloween-shaped cookie cutters!)
- Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat Eggland’s Best Liquid Egg Whites with a hand mixer on high speed until foamy.
- On a low speed, add powdered sugar gradually until sugar is completely incorporated, and the mixture is shiny.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat on high until mixture forms stiff, thick peaks (about 7 minutes).
- Color icing in desired colors and decorate your cookies!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Fat||5g (34.6% calories from fat)|