Halloween Sandwich Cookies
Halloween ghost and spider sandwich cookies made with pasta frolla and decorated with white and dark melted chocolate
Make This Recipe
2 Large Eggland's Best eggs
3/4 cup (100 gr) powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 oz (115 gr) of unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature
2 1/2 cups (300 gr) all-purpose flour
about 1/4 cup white and dark chocolate, melted. (to decorate)
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and powdered sugar mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the butter cut in pieces and vanilla extract. Beat some more.
- Add the flour one cup at the time and mix until combined.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured baking mat or parchment paper, to to about 1/6 inch thick (about 4 mm).
- Refrigerate the rolled out dough for at least 30 minuets (or freeze for 10 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175°C).
- Line one or more baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the roll out cookie dough into shapes with a square (or round) cookie cutter. On half of the cookies cut a circle (for the spider) a circle + the point of a heart (for the ghost). Help yourself with a large spatula to move the cookies to the lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° F (175°C) for about 10 minutes until the bottom is slightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool down. Spread the bottoms with melted chocolate, top it to make the sandwich, and decorate with more white and dark chocolate into a ghost or a spider.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 sandwich cookie|