Key Lime Pound Cake
A moist and buttery pound cake with a citrus kick!
Make This Recipe
1 cup of butter
3 cups of Sugar
6 Eggland's Best Egg Large Eggs
1 cup of sour cream
1 teaspoon of key lime emulsion ( key lime extract works too)
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 limes zested and juiced (Save half of the zest for cake topping)
½ teaspoon salt
1 tsp of baking powder
3 cups of cake flour
½ cup of key lime juice
Key lime glaze
2 cups of powdered sugar
4 tablespoons lime juice
- Begin by preheating your oven to 325° F.
- Take half of your lime zest and mix it in with the granulated sugar and set it to the side.
- Next, Coat a 12 cup bundt pan with cake release spray.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Make sure that you scrape the sides down, and continue mixing.
- Add your eggs one at a time. Be sure to mix each egg in completely before adding the next egg in. Make sure that you scrape down the sides again and continue mixing.
- Mix in the sour cream.
- Gently whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add it to your butter mixture ½ cup at a time, until it's fully combined. Make sure that you are scraping the sides.
- Next, mix in the key lime extract, and the vanilla extract. Scrape the sides one last time and mix the batter making sure everything is combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 325°f for 20-25 minutes, then reduce the heat to 300°without opening the oven.
- After 75 minutes carefully insert a long wooden pick into the center of the cake. The cake is done when dry crumbs are on the stick, but it should not come out looking wet.
- When you remove the cake from the oven, immediately poke approximately 10 holes in the top of the cake and pour the lime juice over the cake.
- Let the cake cool for 5-10 minutes, then turn it over on a wire rack to cool.
- Lastly, make your key lime glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, key lime juice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the gaze over the cake and top it with remaining lime zest.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More