Delicious Nicoise salad is a great option for leftover grilled or seared tuna. Add your favorite olives and dressing for great flavor.
Make This Recipe
4-5 cups butter lettuce
6 oz. tuna (fresh grilled and cut into pieces, or canned)
1/2 lb. green beans, cooked
2 potatoes, cooked
2 tablespoons capers
1/4 cup parsley, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Black or Kalamata olives for garnish
- Hard-cook eggs; cool and peel.
- Use either fresh grilled tuna cut into small pieces, or your favorite canned or pre-packaged tuna for this salad; prepare and set aside.
- To cook green beans, create an ice bath with 12 ice cubes and cold water in a large bowl and set aside; bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook trimmed beans for approximately 4 minutes; remove and plunge in an ice bath to stop cooking process; remove when cooled and pat dry.
- Cook potatoes to your desired softness either boiling them on the stovetop or roasting them in an oven.
- Chop eggs, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, potatoes and parsley; set aside.
- Arrange on a bed of butter lettuce and top with eggs, vegetables, tuna, parsley and capers.
- Add black or kalamata olives (if desired) and serve with your favorite dressing.
Notes and Suggestions:
To cut down on prep time, use Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled eggs!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|