Pizza-Style Egg Bites
This is a nourishing make-ahead snack for active, busy families. Keep them in the fridge so even on hectic days, there’s always an energizing snack available.
Make This Recipe
10 Eggland’s Best Large Eggs
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups frozen spinach or kale
2 cloves garlic, minced
Sea salt and black pepper
1/2 cup jarred no-added-sugar marinara sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Optional: 12 pieces uncured turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350º F and prepare muffin tin with 12 liners.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil, spinach, and garlic, and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk Eggland’s Best Eggs with salt, pepper, and cooled spinach.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the muffin liners, place in oven, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top each muffin evenly with marinara, cheese, and optional pepperoni.
- Return to oven for another 5 minutes, until eggs are cooked and cheese is melted.
- Eat immediately or store leftovers covered in fridge for up to 4 days or freezer up to 3 months.
Reusable silicone muffin pan liners work well for this recipe.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 egg bite|