Twice-Baked Sweet Potato
Eggland’s Best Egg Whites create a fluffy and light filling for this twice-baked potato recipe. It’s a perfect holiday side, or a savory seasonal meal on it’s own.
Make This Recipe
2 medium sweet potatoes, cleaned and baked
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 shallot, minced
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme, plus leaves for garnish
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Bake sweet potatoes until tender about an hour, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, thyme, salt, and pepper; occasionally stirring, 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Take cooled sweet potato and make a long slit along the side. Carefully scoop out and add to the shallot mixture and combine. Try to leave a 1/2" thick wall; set shells aside.
- In a large clean bowl, add Eggland’s Best Liquid Egg Whites. With a handheld mixer, beat the egg whites until they are stiff and fluffy, but not dry.
- Fold a spoonful of stiff egg whites into the bowl with the shallot and potato, incorporating slowly until all the eggs have been added.
- Place sweet potato shells on a baking sheet. Spoon filling into shells, dividing evenly. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with your favorite stuffed potato topping.
Optional: Swiss Chard & Turkey Sausage
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More