Tortilla Egg Roll-Ups
This is an energizing, hand-held snack to grab when running to sports practices and games. It takes under 5 minutes to make, and it’s got the dynamic duo of carbs to fuel muscle + protein to repair muscle.
Make This Recipe
4 Eggland’s Best Large Eggs
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 whole grain tortillas (6-inch)
Optional mix-ins: finely chopped spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers
- Over medium heat, warm a 6-inch skillet.
- In a small measuring cup, scramble 1 Eggland’s Best Egg.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the skillet, pour in the egg, and swirl so it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle on 2 tablespoons of cheese and optional mix-ins.
- Let the egg cook for about 30 seconds, or until the bottom is cooked, but the top is still a little wet.
- Press 1 tortilla right on top of the wet egg, and cook for another 30 seconds (the egg + tortilla will stick together.)
- Using a spatula, flip the egg + tortilla over, and cook for another 30 seconds, until the egg is fully cooked.
- Remove from pan, let cool slightly, and then roll it.
- Repeat for the remaining eggs and tortillas.
- Eat immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Make extras to keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 roll-up|