Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
These delicious breakfast cookies are bursting with flavor!
Make This Recipe
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 ½ cups matchstick carrots ***(or shredded carrots that are well drained on paper towels)
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup dried pineapple chopped
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup maple syrup
1 Eggland's Best large egg
1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and ginger.
- Add the carrots, pecans, pineapple, and coconut.
- In another bowl, whisk together the vanilla, syrup, egg, and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Use a large scoop (about ¼ cup to evenly divide the batter, placing about 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Flatten each portion with the back of the scoop or the palm of your hand to about ¾ inch thick.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Cool on the baking pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To heat, microwave each cookie for 15 to 30 seconds depending on the wattage of the microwave
***I used a bag of matchstick carrots from the grocery store to make these cookies. However, you can also just shred whole carrots (about 1 inch shreds) to add to the recipe. It is VERY IMPORTANT if you are shredding whole carrots for the recipe that you put the shreds on a layer of paper towels for at least 10 minutes to drain out excess water.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More