Cheddar cheese muffins
The mouthwatering cheddar muffins are packed with flavor and make the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Make This Recipe
2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
¼ cup sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
2 large Eggland’s Best eggs
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside the flour mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy. Add yogurt and mix until combined followed by Eggland's best eggs.
- Add the sifted flour and mix gently to incorporate without any flour streaks remaining. Fold in the grated cheddar cheese until well combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Divide the dough between each lined muffin well until top and level with a spatula. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden color.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and serve warm with butter or honey.
- Store the leftover muffins once cooled in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More