Chicken Cutlet Toad N’ Hole Waffle Sandwich
Make This Recipe
1 tsp hot sauce
3 1⁄2 cups waffle mix
2 breasts, boneless skinless chicken
2 Eggland's Best large eggs
1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1⁄2 cup flour
1⁄4 tsp pepper
1⁄4 tsp salt
- Place chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound out into a thin cutlet with a meat mallet or the bottom of a large cast iron skillet.
- Remove from plastic wrap and season with a pinch of salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne.
- Put 2 beaten Eggland’s Best eggs into a shallow bowl, and add the flour into another shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken cutlet into the egg and then into the flour. Toss and thoroughly coat the chicken entirely in flour.
- Using a biscuit cutter or top of a wine glass cut out a hole in the center of the chicken cutlet.
- Heat an air fryer to 400° and place chicken for 15 minutes. At the 7 minute mark, flip the chicken and spray the tops with more olive oil spray.
- Remove the cooked chicken and set aside on a plate, and repeat the process for the remaining pieces.
- Add chicken to a pan and use a small circle cutter to cut a hole in the chicken, and add an Eggland’s Best egg in the center and cook for 3 minutes.
- Make waffles according to package directions.
- Stir together maple syrup and hot sauce in a microwave safe vessel and microwave for 1 minute till hot.
- Place fried chicken toad in a hole in between the two waffles with arugula, and sliced tomato then pour over the spicy maple syrup and serve.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More