Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
This chocolate buttermilk pie is made using EB eggs for a rich and creamy dessert everyone will love! A custardy chocolate filling gets its tangy flavor from the addition of buttermilk. It’s baked until just set then served topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. I use a store-bought pie crust for a shortcut!
Make This Recipe
1 store-bought pie crust
4 Eggland's Best eggs, large
1½ cups granulated sugar
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Whipped cream, as needed
2 tablespoons chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Add pie crust to a 9” baking dish or leave in tin.
- Add a piece of parchment paper to the pie crust and add pie weights or rice. Par bake pie crust until pale golden in color, about 15 minutes. Remove and let the crust cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until completely combined.
- Add buttermilk, butter, vanilla, cocoa powder, flour and salt, whisking to combine until smooth.
- Evenly pour the filling into the pie crust and bake until the filling is set, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cover and store refrigerated if not serving immediately.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and serve.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More