Ghostly Chocolate Cupcakes
Made with lollipops and store-bought fondant, these ghost cupcakes are bound to be spooktacular!
Make This Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Eggland's Best Eggs, large
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 pounds white buttercream fondant
Cornstarch, for rolling the fondant
24 small lollipops
Black food coloring gel
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In the bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to combine.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl combine the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredient, while mixing.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool before creating the ghosts.
- Using cornstarch, bust your rolling pin and work surface.
- Roll half of the fondant out into a large circle (1/16-inch thick) Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter or paring knife, cut out circles. Gather any scraps into a ball, and repeat steps 1-2. Continue until you have 1 circle for each cupcake.
- Place each fondant circle over the top of a lollipop and form into the shape of a ghost. Place each ghost lollipop into the center of a cupcake, pushing all the way down.
- Using the black decorating gel, squeeze out little eyes.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More