Chocolate-Dipped Sugar Cookies
Exquisite sugar cookies cut into delightful shapes, dipped in rich, velvety chocolate, and adorned with colorful sprinkles. Pro tip: Use different cookie cutter shapes and sprinkle colors to make these cookies for any special occasion.
Make This Recipe
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
2 Eggland’s Best eggs, large
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract
3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs, extracts, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined, then scrape down the bowl once.
- Add the flour in two parts, mixing well after each addition.
- Wrap the dough in saran wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and turn it out on to a clean, well-floured surface. Roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness, adding more flour as needed.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into shapes, then place them on a lined or well-greased cookie sheet. Place the cut out dough in the freezer for an additional 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the freezer and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl while the cookies cool to room temperature.
- Once the cookies have cooled, dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate, then add sprinkles. Allow the chocolate to set, then enjoy!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More