Chocolate Ricotta Layered Graveyard Cake
This Chocolate Ricotta Graveyard Cake is extra spooky and delish.
Make This Recipe
1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix (+ ingredients needed to make it according to box directions), 15.25 oz
32 oz Ricotta Cheese
4 Eggland's Best Eggs, Large
¾ Cup Sugar
2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
1 Box Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix, 3.9 oz
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 Tub Cool Whip or Whipped Topping, thawed, 8 oz
30 Chocolate Sandwich Cookes, crushed.
15 Pumpkin Candies
20 Small Green Candy Eyes
Spooky Cupcake Toppers
- Heat oven to 350 degrees & spray baking pan (9 x 13") with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, prepare cake mix according to the package directions. Pour evenly into your baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, all (4) eggs, sugar and cocoa until completely smooth.
- Carefully pour the ricotta mixture over the cake mixture in the baking pan, covering as much space as you can evenly. You can use a spoon or spatula to carefully cover any areas and sides that are difficult to cover.
- Bake for 53-57 minutes, cake is done when a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean. Cool the cake completely, about 2 hours+ is best.
- Prepare the creamy topping. In a medium bowl, mix milk with dry pudding mix for two minutes and refrigerate for 10 minutes. When pudding is set, fold in the Cool Whip until completely blended.
- When the cake is cooled (takes about 2 hours), spread the Cool Whip mixture evenly over the top.
- Spread the crushed cookies evenly over the top of the cake.
- Decorate the cake with pumpkin candies, candy eyes, sprinkles and top with graveyard and ghost cupcake toppers.
- Store in your refrigerator.
- Cake is best served very cold or next day.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More