Cranberry Orange Scones
These easy made from scratch Cranberry Orange Scones are the perfect breakfast for Thanksgiving or really any day! Full of tart cranberries and orange zest, these flaky and buttery scones are simply delicious!
Make This Recipe
2 cups fresh cranberries
4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled with a knife
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 whole orange
1 cup unsalted butter, frozen
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Eggland's Best Large Eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup powdered sugar
3 - 5 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder salt, and orange zest of one orange with a whisk. Then grate the frozen butter into the bowl, mix together with a whisk and place in the fridge while you prepare the wet ingredients.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the heavy cream, the vanilla, eggs, and the yogurt.
- Then take out the bowl of dry ingredients and place it on the counter. Slowly incorporate the wet into the dry.
- Next, add in the cranberries and mix together.
- On a piece of parchment paper, lightly flour the surface and pat the mixture into a circle.
- Then score the circle into 9 wedges. Place the parchment paper onto a baking sheet and place it into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the fridge and move the scones apart.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then lower the temp to 375 for 10 - 15 minutes or until it's lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven.
- While the scones are cooling, make the glaze. Mix together the powdered sugar, orange juice, orange extract, and the orange zest. If you need to thin out the glaze, add a bit of water until you get the consistency that you are looking for.
- Add the glaze into a piping bag, snip off of the end, and drizzle over the scones.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More