Easter Deviled Egg Chicks
Try this easy and fun Easter egg recipe! With a creative spin on traditional eggs, these Deviled egg chicks are the cutest Easter chicks!
Make This Recipe
12 large Egglands Best eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp mustard or add to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt, or to taste
1 small carrot, peeled and sliced into rings
6 black olives
- Peel 12 Egglands Best hard-boiled eggs.
- With a sharp knife, slice off a very thin layer from the base of the egg - this will give it a flat surface to stand on a platter.
- Cut off a generous top third of the egg. Squeeze around the egg base gently to loosen the yolk and it should pop right out. Keep the lids paired with their bases.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 12 cooked yolks and mash well with a fork.
- Add 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon (or add to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt, or season to taste
- Mash everything together until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to plastic or pastry bag and pipe generously into egg bases
- Place top 1/3 back over the base and press down slightly to adhere.
- For the eyes, poke through an olive with a plastic straw several times then gently squeeze down the straw and the little circles of olives will pop right out.
- For the beaks, thinly slice a few rings of carrot and cut each ring into sixths.
- Insert 2 olive spots for eyes
- Insert 2 carrot wedges the beak.
- Set chicks on a platter and display how you'd like!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More