Easy & Festive Vanilla Cakesicles
Easy Festive Cakesicles Dipped In Chocolate and Topped off with Sprinkles
Make This Recipe
1 box cake mix
1 cup milk
½ cup melted butter
3 Eggland’s Best Eggs
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
Sprinkle Jimmies in Red and Green
1 stick butter
1.5 powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
10-15 oz white chocolate wafers
1-2 TBSP shortening
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease the bottom of the cake pan (9x9 or 13x9).
- Mix Cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed for approximately 2 minutes.
- Fold in sprinkles. Pour in pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. It is ready when the toothpick has a few crumbs or is clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into four squares. Put a square in a large bowl. Scoop a small portion of buttercream (less the better) and mix by hand with a food-safe glove (less messy). Add more buttercream if the cake mix is still dry. (Try to avoid adding too much or it will be soggy).
- Roll them into an oval ball (approximately 1 TBSP) then put it in the cakesicle mold (each cavity). Press them flat and insert the sticks. Press if needed.
- Freeze them for 10 minutes. They need to be cold and firm to avoid for them to fall off when dipping.
- Melt approx. 10-15 oz of white chocolate wafers at 30 seconds intervals until melted and add 1TSBP of shortening to thin the chocolate. If the chocolate seems to be too thick, add another TBSP. You want the chocolate to be smooth and more liquidy.
- Pour the chocolate into a mason jar or tall glass (your hand need to be able to fit in the hole to dip the cakesicle). Add more if needed. Pop-out the cakesicles out of the mold when cold and firm from the freezer. (10 minutes or so).
- Dip them all way down until everything is covered then slowly pull up and scrape off the bottom against the rim. Repeat the process with the rest of the cakesicles.
- Drizzle them with leftover chocolate in a piping bag with its end snipped off (small snip) and top them with sprinkles.
Recipe Notes: The cakesicles need to be cold and firm for easy dipping (so they won't crumble or fall off the stick). They can be made in advance and stored in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More