Make-Ahead Mediterranean Egg Casserole
This make-ahead Eggland’s Best egg casserole is right up your alley. It’s packed with Mediterranean-leaning ingredients like tomatoes, spinach, artichokes, feta, and Parmesan — not to mention nutrition, flavor, and color.
Make This Recipe
- 12 Eggland's Best egg (large)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (14-ounce) can water-packed artichokes
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes (about 5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 6 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Prepare the vegetables and cheeses: Thinly slice 1/2 small red onion. Finely chop 2 garlic cloves. Drain and coarsely chop 1 can artichokes. Halve 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, or quarter if large. Finely chop 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves. Crumble 4 ounces 1 cup feta cheese (about 1 cup). Finely grate 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup).
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the red onion and 1/2 teaspoon of the kosher salt, and cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and artichokes and cook until the garlic is fragrant about 1 minute. Add 6 ounces spinach (about 6 cups) and cook until just wilted about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to the prepared baking dish and arrange in an even layer. Sprinkle the tomatoes and feta cheese evenly over the vegetables.
- Whisk the Parmesan, oregano, 12 Eggland’s Best large eggs, 2 cups whole or 2% milk, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt together in a large bowl until combined. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake until puffed, set, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 160°F, about 30 minutes. Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More