Matcha Mini Cakes
Matcha, a brilliant green powdered tea full of antioxidants, is featured in these tiny, lightly sweetened cakes made with Eggland’s Best® eggs. This dessert is ready in 1 hour.
Make This Recipe
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 large Eggland’s Best® egg white
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
1 ounce fat-free cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon or 2 packets no-calorie sweetener
1/4 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 4 cups of a standard 12-cup muffin pan or 4 cavities of an 8-cavity mini loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, egg, egg white, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla. Stir the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture until well combined and smooth. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each of the 4 cups or cavities of the pan.
- Bake for 14 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven. Let stand for 5 minutes. Turn out the cakes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwaveable bowl, microwave the ricotta cheese and cream cheese on 100 percent power (high) for 15 seconds. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender. Process for 30 seconds, or until creamy. Add the sweetener and matcha powder. Pulse until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes, or until completely cooled.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of frosting over each cake. Top each with the strawberries.
Dietary Exchanges: 1½ other carbohydrate, 1 lean meat
© Copyright 2020 American Heart Association, Inc., a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit. All rights reserved. Healthy for Good™ is a registered trademark. Unauthorized use prohibited.
National Supporter of:
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||4 servings; 1 mini cake per serving|