Potato Latke Eggs Benedict
Poached Eggs and a Creamy Homemade Hollandaise Sauce Drizzled over Hanukkah Classic Potato Latkes
Make This Recipe
2 large russet potatoes, peeled and grated
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup oil
1 Eggland's Best egg, large
1 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
For Eggs Benedict:
4 Eggland's Best eggs, large
1 tsp white vinegar
1 Eggland's Best egg, yolk only
1/2 lemon, juiced
A pinch of paprika
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1 Tbsp dill
- Using a potato grater, grate your two potatoes into a bowl of ice water, and let sit for 10-15 minutes
- Squeeze out the moisture and dry the grated potatoes with paper towels.
- Then, add your eggs, garlic, flour, and salt, and mix well.
- Heat up your oil in a large pan, and scoop two dollops of your latkes mixture into the pan.
- Fry until they're golden brown, which is about 3-5 minutes, and then flip and fry the other side.
- Drain on a rack over paper towels, and repeat.
- Meanwhile, bring a few inches of water to a slow simmer in a saucepan and add your white vinegar.
- Whisk this water in a circular fashion, and slide the eggs (from ramekins or small individual bowls) into the water, one at a time.
- Keep the eggs in the pan until the whites are set, and then remove them with a slotted spoon. Pat dry and spoon over potato latkes!
- Make the Hollandaise easily by blending (on pulse setting) 1 egg yolk, juiced lemon, and a pinch of paprika or cayenne pepper.
- Drizzle in the melted butter while blending, until a sauce is formed. Drizzle over your eggs.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More