Pumpkin Creme Brûlée
This outrageously decadent Pumpkin Creme Brûlée is creamy, perfectly spiced, and everything you would want in an elegant fall dessert.
Make This Recipe
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ginger
4 Large Egglands Best egg yolks
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup raw Turbinado sugar
Halloween Candy (Optional Garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and pumpkin puree over medium heat.
- Allow mixture to heat until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the granulated sugar until they become light in color. (1-2 minutes)
- Whisking constantly, slowly add the warm milk mixture.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Carefully pour the mixture into four ovenproof ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a baking pan, and add boiling water to the pan to create a water bath.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven until almost set, 30 to 40 minutes.
- The custard should have a slight jiggle in the center when you shake the pan.
- Remove from the water bath and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- When ready to serve, pour coarse sugar on top of each of the custards, completely covering the top of each custard with sugar.
- Using a butane torch, torch the sugar until it is caramelized and serve immediately.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More