Pumpkin Tres Leches Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
This is a super moist pumpkin sponge cake that screams autumn. It is soaked in a mixture of three kinds of milk and topped with homemade cinnamon whipped cream.
Make This Recipe
For the Cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
15-ounce can pumpkin puree
4 Eggland's Best eggs, large (at room temperature)
12 ounces evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 cup whole milk (coconut milk or oat milk)
For the Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9×13 inch sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, vanilla, and pumpkin. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing very well after each addition. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick, comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes.
- Use a fork to poke holes across the surface of the cake. In a large measuring cup or pitcher, whisk together the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and milk.
- Pour it very slowly and gradually over the cake, allowing it to soak in. This process takes some time and patience. Cover and refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare the whipped cream right before serving.
- Beat the cream, sugar, cinnamon in an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until peaks form.
- Spread evenly over the cake
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More