Ratatouille Ribbon Quiche
Make This Recipe
1 frozen pie crust or homemade pie crust, fitted and chilled into a tart shell or pie pan
1 Asian eggplant
1 large zucchini
1 large yellow summer squash
1 TSP salt
1 pint cherry tomatoes
3 Eggland’s Best large eggs
1/3 cup cream or half and half
1 TSP Italian herb seasoning
1 TBSP fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using a mandolin, or a very sharp knife, thinly slice the eggplant, zucchini and summer squash lengthwise into thin ribbons. Sprinkle all the ribbons with the salt and toss to coat. Set aside for at least 10 minutes to allow the moisture to release. Squeeze a bit if necessary to squeeze out some of the water.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream and herb seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper as well. Reserve the fresh basil leaves for after baking.
- In the chilled pie crust, arrange the vegetable ribbons into swirls and twirls to fill the entire shell. Place halved cherry tomatoes around evenly dispersed into the swirls. Finally, finish with cloves of garlic nestled into any openings in the design.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell till it fills all the crevices.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the egg is set and the vegetables are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh basil, and flaky sea salt.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More