Scrumptious Skeleton Cupcakes
These Chocolate Skeleton Cupcakes are made with marshmallows, yogurt covered pretzels and straws! The are so fun and easy to make!
Make This Recipe
1 box devil's food cake mix
3 Eggland's Best eggs, large
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
White almond bark
Yogurt covered pretzels
Black food coloring gel
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove any lumps and add the remaining cake ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Let cool.
- Cut your dowels into about 4-inch pieces. Melt a few squares on your almond bark, you'll use this as glue to secure the pretzels to the dowel. Put a small amount of melted almond bark onto the straw near the upper half and thread a pretzel onto the dowel and into the melted almond bark. Repeat this step with 2 more pretzels to make your ribcage.
- TIP: Before you place the dowel in your cupcake, allow the pretzels/ribcage to set/dry. We recommend holding the dowel on each side and letting pretzels hang down from the edge of a table or counter.
- Next, draw your skeleton's face onto a marshmallow with black food coloring gel. Once dry, push it onto the top of the dowel.
- Push the whole dowel into your cupcake.
Recipe Notes: If you don't have lollipop dowels, you can substitute with straws.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More