Scrumptious Skeleton Cupcakes
These Chocolate Skeleton Cupcakes are made with marshmallows, yogurt pretzels & straws! The are so easy to make!
Make This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove any lumps and add the remaining cake ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Let cool.
- Cut your dowels into small pieces. Melt a few squares on your almond bark, this is the "glue" to hold the pretzels to the dowel. Put a small amount of melted bark onto the straw near the top half and slide a pretzel onto the stick and into the melted bark. Repeat this step with 2 more pretzels to make your "ribcage".
- TIP: Before you place the dowel in your cupcake, allow the pretzels/ribcage to set/dry. We recommend holding the dowel on each side and letting pretzels hang down from the edge of a table or counter.
- Now, draw your skeleton's face onto a marshmallow with black food coloring gel. Once dry, push it onto the top of the dowel.
- Push the whole dowel into your cupcake.
Recipe Notes: If you don't have lollipop dowels, you can substitute them with straws.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More