Sweet Potato Egg Hash
You need this delicious breakfast recipe in your life!
Make This Recipe
3 cups shredded sweet potato (1 large sweet potato)
1/4 cup yellow onion, minced
4 slices of bacon
2 large Eggland's Best eggs
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel and grate the sweet potato. Peel and mince the yellow onion. Set them aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until desired crispiness. Transfer them to a plate with a paper towel to drain the grease.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease from the pan. Pour the rest into a heatproof bowl to use later.
- Sautee the onions for about 4 minutes until soft on medium heat.
- Add about 1 more tablespoon of bacon grease to the pan and add all the grated sweet potatoes.
- Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, chop up the bacon.
- Spoon the mixture onto 2 plates. Top with crumbled bacon.
- In the same pan, cook your fried eggs. Add it to the top of the mound of sweet potatoes and bacon. Top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make ahead - if you want to serve these for a quick breakfast you can do everything except make the egg. Add the sweet potatoes to a plate and microwave for 45-60 seconds until heated. Fry your egg and add to the sweet potatoes and enjoy!
- This recipe could easily be doubled to have a few breakfast meals available for the week!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More