Easy Turkey Cupcakes that are perfect for Thanksgiving. These are vanilla cupcakes topped with chocolate buttercream, a peanut butter cup turkey head, and candy corn feathers.
Make This Recipe
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 pkg chocolate instant pudding mix
1 c water
1/2 c + 1 tbsp oil
4 Eggland's Best eggs, large
2 sticks butter
4 c powdered sugar
1/2 c cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 tsp heavy cream
24 peanut butter cups
orange candy melts
red candy melts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, pudding mix, and eggs.
- Prep a cupcake pan with liners. Fill each liner about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, and cream. Mix until smooth.
- Using a large round tip, pipe a swirl of chocolate frosting onto each cupcake. Set aside.
- Unwrap all of the peanut butter cups and place them on a working surface. Melt approx 1/4 c white chocolate. Using a toothpick, add two dots of white chocolate onto the peanut butter cups. Place two candy eyes over the dots and let set.
- Melt the red and orange melts in separate bowls. Pour each into a piping bag with a very small hole cut at the tip. Pipe a beak and wattle onto each peanut butter cup.
- Place the peanut butter cup onto the frosting, slightly tilted up so the frosting doesn’t totally cover the cup. Add candy corn so the back of the cupcake, tip-down, to make the tail/feathers.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More