Asparagus Mushroom Quiche
Use your favorite variety of mushrooms for this delicious quiche!
15 mins Cook Time
30 mins Yield: 8 servings
- 1 ready-made refrigerated pie crust
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed.
- 3 Eggland's Best eggs (large), lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each: basil, oregano, sage
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare pie crust in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or springform pan according to package instructions (including any pre-baking it may require). When crust is removed from oven, spread with mustard and set aside.
Steam asparagus pieces until tender; saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender; add asparagus and stir.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, and seasonings and blend well. Add sauteed vegetables and mix until incorporated.
Pour into pie shell and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until eggs are set.
Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
Your Ratings and Comments
Please sign in to rate or comment. Sign in with Facebook or use your Eggland's Best account.