50/50 Fried Rice
50/50 rice is half brown rice + half cauliflower rice so you get satisfying rice vibes with fewer calories and more immune boosting vitamin C. 50/50 rice is a great swap anytime you’d use rice, like in this superfood version of fried rice.
Make This Recipe
1.5 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil (split)
2 c. frozen cauliflower rice
2 c. frozen pre-cooked brown rice
1/2 c. frozen green peas, thawed
1 c. shredded carrots
2 Tbsp. coconut aminos (or low sodium, gluten-free soy sauce)
1/2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
4 green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. white and/or black sesame seeds
1. In a 10-12” skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil, cauliflower rice, brown rice and "fry" for 8 minutes, until it’s thawed and hot.
2. Add peas, carrots, coconut aminos, and sesame oil, stir, and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Remove rice mixture from pan and set aside.
4. Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive or avocado oil to skillet and cook Eggland’s Best eggs over-medium or sunny-side up.
5. Serve rice mixture with an egg on top and sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
-If you prefer a more classic fried rice, scramble the eggs and stir them into the rice mixture instead of serving the eggs on top.
-Pre-cooked frozen brown rice saves time, but you could make your own brown rice.
-You can eat this as-is or top it with cooked chicken or shrimp.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More