This light and airy cake is made up of almond flour and egg whites for more protein and topped with a sweet tahini glaze. Perfect with tea and to share with your loved ones.
Make This Recipe
1/2 c almond milk
1/2 c mild oil (like vegetable or avocado)
1 tbs orange juice
1 tsp almond extract
1.5 cup almond flour
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar (can add extra 1/4 cup if not using glaze)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Eggland’s Best 100% Egg Whites
1/4 c powdered sugar
1/4 c tahini
3-4 tbs almond milk (can use more for thinner glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour loaf pan. (You can double the recipe and use a bundt pan.)
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add wet to dry and whisk until incorporated.
- In a separate clean bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold into cake batter.
- Pour batter into greased and floured pan and bake for 28-30 minutes. (Insert a toothpick to check. Cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.)
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- While cake is cooling, whisk together ingredients for tahini glaze.
- Tahini will clump initially, but keep mixing until smooth.
Recipe Notes: Cake freezes well so can be made ahead (even with glaze!)
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More