Apple Pie Muffins
Apple Pie Muffins are light and fluffy with homemade apple pie filling and a delicious cinnamon sugar top.
Make This Recipe
Apple Pie Filling
2 1/2 cups diced apples
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups oat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup honey
2 Large Eggland's Best Eggs
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
Cinnamon sugar to top
- In a medium size pan on medium heat, cook the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon with a couple of tablespoons of water for 5 minutes until apples are soft.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, mix together the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, applesauce, honey, eggs and Greek yogurt.
- Spray muffin liners with nonstick spray and scoop about a tablespoon of muffin batter into your muffin liner. Then, cover with about 2 teaspoons of apple pie filling.
- Cover the apples with another scoop of filling until the muffin liner is mostly full. If needed, spread out the batter with a spoon to cover the apples.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until muffins are fully cooked. Let muffins cool for about 10 minutes and spray lightly with oil spray and roll the tops of the muffins in cinnamon sugar.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 muffin|