Baked Scotch Eggs
Delicious and savory, the Scotch egg is simply delectable. This British treat is the perfect snack for any time of the day. Whether you’re looking for a lunch-box filler or a midnight snack, this recipe ticks all the right boxes. The Scotch Egg is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Full of flavor and some meaty goodness, you can’t go wrong with the not-so-humble Scotch egg!
Make This Recipe
1 Eggland’s Best egg white
1 ¼ cup minced pork
½ cup diced white onions
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp ground pepper
½ tsp chili powder
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Boil four Eggland’s Best eggs in hot water for four minutes. Take the eggs out and place them in a bowl of cool water for a minute. De-shell each of the eggs and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the minced pork, diced white onions, rosemary, ground pepper, chili powder, and egg white to combine.
4. Separate the meat mixture into four balls and flatten into circles
5. Place a boiled egg into the center of each circle and mold the meat around them.
6. Spread the breadcrumbs out on a tray and roll each of the balls in them. Make sure that each of the Scotch eggs is completely coated.
7. Place the Scotch eggs on a baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8. Make sure the meat is thoroughly cooked and leave to cool before serving.
Tip: Serve with French mustard on the side and enjoy!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||2 eggs|