Baklava Cheesecake Cups
These cute little baklava cheesecake cups are a fusion between traditional baklava and cheesecake put together to give you this sweet, flaky and creamy almond cheesecake filling. These are so easy to make and take half the time it does to make cheesecake or baklava.
Make This Recipe
1 package of phyllo sheets
½ cup melted butter
1 cup almonds, walnuts, or pistachios ground
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 8 oz cream cheese
1 Eggland's Best egg, large
1 Eggland's Best egg, large, yolk only
2 tbsp sour cream
½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp orange juice
½ tsp zest of orange
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- In a bowl or blender, mix everything for the cheesecake filling until you have a smooth consistency.
- Set aside until ready to use.
Combine everything for the syrup in a small saucepan. Stir together and bring to a boil. Remove from heat as soon as the sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the ground nuts in a small bowl along with the ground cinnamon and add 2 tbsp of the syrup.
- Mix everything together, you will have a wet sand-like texture.
- Layer each phyllo pastry sheet with melted butter and sprinkle some of the nut filling on top. Divide the filling equally (1-2 tablespoons per layer) between the 5 layers. The final (6th) layer will not have any nut filling on top. Repeat this process with the remaining phyllo sheets layering them on top of each other.
- Cut the phyllo layers into 12 equal squares. Place each square into the muffin tin to form phyllo cups. Press the center down. Brush each phyllo cup with any remaining melted butter.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven until golden. 10 minutes.
- After 10 mins, reduce the oven temperature to 325 °F. Place 2 tablespoons of the cheesecake filling in the center of each cup. Bake until the filling is set, and the phyllo is golden. About 25 minutes.
- As soon as they come out of the oven pour the syrup evenly over the cups.
- Allow the baklava cheesecakes to sit in the muffin tin for 15-20 minutes to cool and to absorb the syrup.
Recipe Notes: Refrigerate until chilled and serve topped with your favorite garnish like fresh berries. These can be made 1 day ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More