Berry Choux au Craquelin with Whipped Cream
Buttery choux pastry topped with a sweet, crunchy cookie crust and filled sweet and light hand-whipped cream. A classic French dessert, perfectly crispy and creamy, that is perfect for any occasion and sure to bring smiles to everyone’s face! Don't be scared by the fancy name - it's much much easier to make than you think.
Make This Recipe
50g Softened Unsalted Butter
50g White/Brown Sugar
125 ml Water
60g Unsalted Butter
2 Eggland's Best Eggs, large
2 cups Heavy Cream
4 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
additional optional flavorings
- Cream softened butter and sugar in a bowl using a whisk mixer.
- Add in flour and whisk until well-combined.
- Place craquelin dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and flatten out the dough until about 2mm/0.08inch thick.
- Place in freezer to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Heat water, butter, and sugar in a pot on medium heat until simmering. Take off heat and add in flour and mix using a spatula until a dough forms.
- Place pot back on low heat and stir the dough for a few more minutes.
- Place dough into a bowl to cool before whisking eggs in, one at a time.
- Transfer Choux pastry into a piping bag and pipe circles (~2 inch diameter) onto parchment paper or silpat.
- Cut out circles of craquelin topping and place on top of piped Choux pastry.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes (do NOT open oven before ready).
- After 30 minutes, partially pull out the baking tray and prick each pastry with a toothpick to release steam.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes until the pastry is more golden brown in color.
- Take out of the oven and let cool until ready to pipe whipped cream.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk all ingredients together until desired consistency.
- Pipe into Choux pastry.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More