Bunny Bento Box
Bunny shaped rice with a fried egg blanket over fried rice!
Make This Recipe
2 c. of raw rice (total of 6 cups of cooked rice)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. mirin
1 tsp. sesame oil
- Cook 2 cups of rice, separate rice in half (1/2 for Bunny, 1/2 for fried rice)
- For fried rice, add rice, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, and sausage to a pan. Cook until the rice is coated with all the seasoning and the sausage is cooked. Set aside fried rice.
- Whisk 5 eggs in a bowl until homogeneous. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pan-fry the egg mixture in a big pan (big enough to cover 2/3 of the Bento box), Set it aside.
- Separate the egg whites from one egg. Pan-fry the egg white. Set aside.
- Lay the fried rice in the Bento box.
- Shape the white rice into a bunny (1 big round shape, 2 big raindrop shape, 2 small raindrops). Place it on the top 1/3 of the Bento box.
- Lay the egg blanket below it (2/3 of the Bento box).
- Optionally, decorate the blanket with moon-shaped and dot egg white using a round cutter.
- Make the face with seaweed and blush with ketchup.
Recipe Notes: We recommend using a 9"x6" Bento box. Exclude the sausage to make it vegetarian!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More