Butterscotch Meringue Cake
Whenever I serve this, everyone gives me compliments on it! It's fun to make for everyday or special occasions. I love that eggs are a staple in nearly every home, so it's easy to have the ingredients on hand. Eggland's Best eggs don't even compare to other eggs. They taste better and have tons of extra nutrients!
Make This Recipe
4 Eggland’s Best eggs, large, separated
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon butterscotch extract
⅛ teaspoon liquid stevia
¼ cup honey
¼ cup milk
pinch of salt
¼ cup coconut flour, sifted
½ cup butterscotch baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line the bottom of a 7” springform pan with parchment paper and lightly grease the sides.
- Use a stand mixer to whip the Eggland’s Best egg whites, cream of tartar, butterscotch extract, and liquid stevia to form stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the Eggland’s Best egg yolks and honey for three minutes until they are very pale.
- Add the milk and salt to the EB egg yolk mixture and beat for a few seconds.
- Add the sifted coconut flour to the EB egg yolk mixture and beat for a few seconds until the ingredients are just combined.
- Quickly pour the coconut flour batter into the stiffened EB egg whites and use a silicone spatula to fold the batter into the whites.
- Gently fold the butterscotch chips into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared springform pan and bake for 23-26 minutes or until the middle is just set, but still somewhat jiggly.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More