Caramel Coconut Egg Nest Cookies
The perfect and cutest Easter treat! These cookies look festive for the holiday and are the perfect mix of chewy caramel and crunchy cookie!
Make This Recipe
3 sticks of butter, softened
1-1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 Eggland's Best egg, large
4 Eggland's Best eggs, large (yolks only)
2 cups white sugar
3-4 cups flour
½ cup almond butter
1 cup coconut shreds
¼ cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
Splash of vanilla
Chocolate Easter egg candies
Optional chocolate drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Start by combining the softened butter, vanilla, egg, egg yolks in a mixer. Next, add the white sugar. Slowly add the flour until the dough is not too dry, but you can still form into a ball.
- Roll it out on a floured surface and cut into small circles with a cookie cutter.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake at 350° F until the edges are lightly brown- about 10-13 minutes.
- Next, make the coconut caramel topping: Add the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla onto a heated pan on the stove. Combine until creamy and starts to thicken.
- Once thickened, put on low heat and fold in the coconut. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Once cookies are caramel topping are cooled, scoop some caramel mixture on top of each cookie so it looks like a small nest.
- Add some chocolate eggs and chocolate drizzle and you’re all set to serve!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More