Chocolate Pots de Creme
Rich & smooth bitter sweet chocolate custards which use simple ingredients like egg yolks, milk, cream and sugar.
Make This Recipe
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup milk
6 ounces bittersweet (70%) chocolate, chopped
6 Eggland's Best eggs, large, yolks only
1/2 cup sugar
Easter candy eggs
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Bring cream and milk just to simmer in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk yolks and sugar in a large bowl to blend. Mix the orange zest. Gradually whisk in the hot chocolate mixture that we made earlier. Strain mixture into another bowl.
- Cool 10 minutes, skimming any foam from the surface.
- Divide custard mixture among six 3/4-cup ramekins. Place in a large baking pan.
- Add enough hot water to the pan to come 1/3rd level up sides of cups.
- Bake until custards are set but centers still move slightly when gently shaken about 55 minutes.
- Remove from water.
- Chill custards until cold, about 3 hours.
- Top with whipped cream & candy eggs. Serve.
Recipe Notes: Can be made up to 2 days in advance.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More