Skip to Main Content
Eggland’s Best Announces “America’s Best Family Recipe” Contest 2020
Indiana is famous for Popcorn & Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie - with an added twist of pudding as a filler and Popcorn in the crust - Only Eggland's Best Eggs could pull all of these ingredients together!
Make This Recipe
6 cups popped popcorn (sea salt)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 large Eggland’s Best egg
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
4 large Eggland’s Best eggs
3/4 cup coconut milk, canned
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make crust. Crush popcorn in a food processor.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1 egg and melted butter. Whisk in sugar and popcorn until combined. Add flour to the bowl and mix to combine until the mixture holds together.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pie plate and with a fork, poke holes in the bottom and sides of the crust. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the filling. In a medium-large bowl, whisk 4 eggs, then whisk in coconut sugar, coconut milk and milk. Strain the mixture into another bowl.
- Toast coconut flakes in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat until lightly browned.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pie plate from the oven. Put the filling into the crust. Sprinkle coconut flakes over the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until the top of the filling is firm yet inside is still soft.
- When the pie has baked, remove the pie plate from the oven and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled.
Information per Serving