Cowboy Lasagna Giddy-Up's
This "cowboy" spin on lasagna brings out flavors of the Midwest. My family raises pork, so it is a great way to use meat in our freezer. This recipe is a hearty, nutritious dinner. I love that Eggland's Best eggs can complement any pork cut for a healthy and delicious meal.
Make This Recipe
6 lasagna noodles
3 cups pulled pork*
½ cup sweet brown sugar-style barbeque sauce
1 ½ cups sharp cheddar shredded cheese, divided
1 cup (8 oz.) cottage cheese
2 Eggland’s Best eggs, large, lightly beaten
1 4-oz. can chopped green chiles, drained
2 teaspoons dried oregano
*Cook pork ahead of time in slow cooker or smoker. I like to prepare large batches of pork and freeze in portions for convenience! Shredded chicken could be substituted for the pork.
- Prepare lasagna noodles in boiling water as directed on the package. Rinse noodles in cool water and lay individually on a baking sheet to drain.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the pork and barbeque sauce; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, Eggland's Best eggs, green chiles, and oregano. Drop ¼ cup of mixture on each lasagna noodle, spreading to cover the noodle.
- Layer 2 heaping tablespoons meat mixture on top, spread to cover.
- Roll up each noodle and place seam-side down in a prepared baking dish. Sprinkle on remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes until hot and bubbly (internal temp registers at least 160°F) and cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with fresh parsley.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More