Egg Yolk Ricotta Ravioli
WARNING: This recipe is dangerously delicious. You may have to keep your friends and family at bay to prevent them from storming your house on account of how delicious this dish is! This recipe is perfect for those looking to pack on a little muscle and still have an appetizer that screams gourmet. It's a great healthy option for many meals, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter dinner. Packed with plenty of healthy fats, and light on the carbs, this dish fits in well with those experimenting with a ketogenic diet.
Make This Recipe
1 Eggland's Best large egg
4 Eggland's Best large egg yolks
8 gyoza wrappers
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 ounces prosciutto, shredded
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1-3/4 tbsp basil leaves, chopped
1/3 ounce grated Parmesan
1 tsp lemon rind
1/3 tsp black pepper
1 minced garlic clove
1/3 tsp Kosher salt, or to taste
- Mix together the ricotta, parmesan, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- While stirring, add the basil, lemon rind, black pepper, and salt, one at a time.
- Flour a roller and roll 4 gyoza wrappers into 4-inch diameters.
- Divide the cheese mixture into 4 servings and place onto the center of each gyoza.
- Make an impression into the mixture and add an egg yolk into each one.
- Whisk 1 large egg into a small bowl to create an egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash onto the edges of each gyoza wrapper to help make a seal.
- Take the remaining 4 gyoza skins and place them on top of the ones you put the filling in.
- Tightly press the edges of the gyoza together to create the seal for the ravioli.
- Boil water gently in a pot, adding salt and olive oil to taste, and place each ravioli in the pot.
- Boil for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until you reach desired yolk consistency.
- Take out the ravioli and serve immediately.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More