Gingerbread is a classic Christmas dessert. Serve with a glass of eggnog or warm cider for a great holiday treat.
Make This Recipe
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs, large
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; prepare 9-inch springform or round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and allspice together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, or in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, blend butter and brown sugar until well combined; add eggs, mixing well after each addition; blend in molasses and mix well.
- Add buttermilk and dry ingredients alternately until all ingredients are combined, and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.
Notes and Suggestions
Serve with fresh whipped cream or powdered sugar for a light, sweet flavor.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Fat||9g (33% calories from fat)|