Heart shaped churros
Heart shaped churros: Crispy and golden on the outside. Tender and soft on the inside. And dangerously coated in cinnamon sugar!
Make This Recipe
2 oz (65 gr) unsalted butter, cubed
1 tablespoon (15 gr) sugar
1 cup (235 ml) water
1 1/4 cups (150 gr) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
3 large Eggland's Best eggs
oil to fry
1/2 cup sugar (for coating)
1 tablespoon cinnamon (for coating)
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter cut into cubes, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the flour. Stir continuously with a spatula or wooden spoon until the mixture comes together and is mostly lump free. Transfer to a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes
- Add the vanilla, salt, and one egg at a time while blending with an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer to a double piping bag fitted with a rounded star tip.
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat to 360-375 F degrees.
- Cut one parchment paper sheet into squares. Pipe the mixture into heart-shaped churros, one on each piece of paper. Gently place the paper upside down into the hot oil. With kitchen tweezers or tongs, gently remove the paper. Fry the churros for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy. Only fry a few churros at a time.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to dry for 5-10 seconds, and transfer to a plate with cinnamon sugar to coat both sides. Serve warm with chocolate sauce.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 churro|
|Dietary Fiber||0.4 g|