Italian Brunch Torte
Serve either warm or cold! It's fantastic either way!
Make This Recipe
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 7 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained sliced and patted dry
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
Unroll one tube of crescent dough and separate into triangles. Press onto bottom of prepared pan to form a crust, sealing seams well.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until set.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add spinach and mushrooms; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender.
Drain on several layers of paper towels, blotting well.
In a large bowl, whisk six eggs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper.
Layer crust with half of the ham, salami, provolone cheese, red peppers and spinach mixture.
Pour half of the egg mixture over the top. Repeat layers; top with remaining egg mixture.
On a work surface, unroll and separate remaining crescent dough into triangles.
Press together to form a circle and seal seams; place over filling.
Whisk remaining egg; brush over dough.
Bake, uncovered, 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, covering loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning.
Carefully loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim from pan. Let stand 20 minutes.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Slice|