Italian Tapenade Chicken and Egg Panini
Make This Recipe
1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, drained
1 cup pitted kalamata olives, drained
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained (reserve oil from jar)
2 tablespoons reserved oil from sun-dried-tomatoes above
3 tablespoons capers, drained
1 – 16 oz. ciabatta loaf bread (approximately 11 inches by 6 inches)
8 slices Provolone cheese
20 oz. sliced rotisserie or grilled chicken
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup crumbled blue or gorgonzola cheese
1 tablespoon butter
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse to combine all Tapenade ingredients just until chopped (don’t puree). Transfer to small bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to prepare panini. (can prepare in advance)
- Preheat panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions. Cut ciabatta bread into 4 equal quarters. Then cut each quarter in half lengthwise. Lay the bread bottoms, cut side up, on a work surface. Top each equally with the prepared tapenade, layering each with 2 Provolone slices, equally divided rotisserie chicken, mushrooms, bleu cheese crumbles and bread tops.
- Place paninis in a preheated panini press, close the lid and cook until cheese is melted, and bread is grilled, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a work surface when finished.
- While paninis are grilling, place 1 tablespoon butter in medium skillet over medium-low heat. Crack 4 Eggland’s Best eggs into the pan and cook until the whites are opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes. Gently turn the Eggland’s Best eggs over and cook for an additional 1 minute more.
- Remove bread tops and place 1 cooked egg on each panini. Return tops to the sandwiches and serve immediately.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More