Japanese Egg Salad Sandwich
The best on the go egg salad sandwich! It's packed with nutrition provided by Eggland's Best eggs.
Make This Recipe
5 Eggland's Best eggs, large
1 loaf Japanese milk bread
3 tablespoons Kewpie mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon heavy cream
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Boil the eggs for 12 minutes, then transfer them to an ice bath to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel the eggs.
- Separate the yolks and whites
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork, then add the mayonnaise, cream, sugar, and salt, and mix until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chopped egg white and mix to incorporate.
- Spread 1 tablespoon softened butter over 2 slices of bread.
- Spread half of the egg salad over each buttered slice and press down lightly.
- Cut off the crusts, then slice the sandwiches in half, and enjoy!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More