Lemon Roll Cake
Light and soft sponge cake, packed with refreshing lemon flavor and creamy lemon whipped cream. A delight for the eyes and tastebuds for family and friends this Easter!
Make This Recipe
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 oz oil
40 ml milk
1/2 cup cake flour
1 cup heavy cream
lemons and/or lemon extract
added sugar to taste
- Preheat oven to 374°F.
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Mix the yolks with 1/8 cup sugar, oil, milk, cake flour, and lemon extract and/or lemon juice.
- Whip egg whites with 1/8 cup sugar until semi-stiff peaks form. Add yellow food coloring if desired.
- Gently mix the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture until combined. Be sure not to overmix.
- Place into a rectangular pan so that the cake is about an inch thick.
- Bake at 374°F for about 12-14 minutes.
- Whip heavy cream with lemon juice and/or extract and the rest of the sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Place the whipped cream on top of the cake and roll.
- Refrigerate until the roll has set.
- Dye and pipe the remaining whipped cream on top to create the desired design.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More