Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake
Light and yummy treat. This cake got rave reviews when baked in our test kitchen.
Make This Recipe
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs, large
- 1 carton (6 oz.) non-fat Lemon Yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl at medium speed, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in Eggland's Best eggs, yogurt and almond extract until well blended. Reduce mixer speed to low and add reserved flour mixture, ½ cup at a time, beating just until blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated 325° F oven until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Notes and Suggestions
Try different yogurt flavors such as strawberry, raspberry, blueberry or vanilla for a tasty variety.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Fat||9g (35% calories from fat)|