Mini Carrot Cake Slices
Low Carb Carrot shaped Carrot Cakes - Can be a handheld treat or served as individual slices
Make This Recipe
Cake Ingredients (Makes 32 "carrots"):
1 cup of brown sugar substitute
1 cup of avocado oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of coconut flour (125g)
½ cup of almond flour (57g)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ cup of pecans, roasted
3 large carrots grated, shredded (190 grams)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup of powdered sugar substitute
1 tsp of vanilla
2 Tbsp heavy cream
*Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Whisk the brown sugar substitute, oil, Eggland's Best 100% Egg Whites and vanilla together in a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Next, gently fold in the carrots and pecans.
- Add cake batter to two prepared, square 8x8 cake pans
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- When cooled, slice square cakes down the center and then into triangles
- To make the frosting, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar substitute, vanilla and heavy cream using a hand mixer.
- Dye Orange before adding to a piping bag.
- Pipe frosting and add cilantro stalks to the wide end of the cake slices to look like real carrots. Enjoy!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More